Wednesday, July 13, 2011

FIrst Appointment!!

SO!
We went to see the midwife yesterday. The appointment was sort of a get-to-know-you kinda thing. We talked for a long time about Dave and I as a couple, whether or not we have a support system in Seattle, how we are feeling about the pregnancy... it was good.

We also (obviously) talked a lot about family medical history and my personal medical history. I am always quite amused by the fact that I have really NEVER had anything wrong with me. It makes me feel boring when I answer every question with a "no." (and I realize that it's boring in the right way)

Everything seems normal and average. The one draw back was that we tried to listen to the baby's heartbeat and she couldn't find it. I didn't even know she was going to check but once she told me I couldn't stop smiling and kind of laughing (to the point where she asked me if it tickled and I had to explain that I'm just a laugher..) She said that it is perfectly normal but I found myself thinking about it all night until I was almost in tears. (I'm feeling better now.. I guess it was just the fear that something could be wrong.. I didn't really expect it)

She did a physical exam and told me that my uterus is slightly enlarged (which is normal) and that I should start thinking about getting bigger bras. I guess I always knew that my chest would get bigger but I didn't expect it yet. My goodness.  She also drew some blood. I warned her that I am not so good with needles and that I bruise even if you show me the needle but I don't think she expected  the almost immediate golfball sized bruise. It looks pretty nasty.


Well, that's about it! We will have our next appointment in four weeks. I'm sure that by then we will be able to hear the heartbeat. We are feeling pretty good about everything. It seems like time is already flying by.


Also... it's our four year anniversary today. I couldn't possibly love anyone more than I love Dave.. well.. we'll see how I feel in about 7 months...  :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary Kelly! I don't think you've ever seen a golf ball.

    ReplyDelete