Friday, July 8, 2011

Holy Moly

So, There's a baby growing in me! We found out two days before leaving on a three week road trip to Michigan. It has been quite the month.
I am about 8 1/2 weeks along. I had two weeks of feeling like I was going to die but things are seeming a bit better now.  I am having some pretty wicked food aversions though.

Cravings so far: pop tarts, donuts, lemonade, cereal. (the lemonade craving has been by far the most intense.. I was about to lose my mind.)

This week has brought a lot of good news! I was approved for Medicaid, (it pays to be poor..?) and we found our midwives! I have my first appointment this week.

We have decided that we are going to have the baby in a birth center instead of a hospital. (and with the midwives instead of a doctor) This means that I will not have access to pain medication. I know this may sound crazy but it is what we both want. We will be in a private setting, just the two of us and the midwives. (also, it will be a water birth)

 That's it for now!
I'll post more after we go to our appointment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment